A very warm welcome to our weekly round-up. Here’s what was on Women In Web this week!
Our first Q&A of the week was with Professor Donna Mead, Dean of Faculty of Life Sciences and Education at the University of South Wales. Professor Mead has had a distinguished career in the fields health and education, and you can read our Q&A with her here.
We also spoke to Carolyn Lawrence, President and CEO of Women of Influence. The organisation recently released a thought provoking white paper entitled, ‘Women Leaders Breaking Through in their Careers.’. Click here to read her Q&A.
We were very much inspired by Rebecca Morris’s story that we had to share it! She has recently completed walking around Wales fundraising for Shelter Cymru. Her story is a must read.
We are also very excited to share details of a forthcoming conference called Know Your Value. The conference will be taking place on Friday May 16th from 11am-4pm at the Marriott Downtown, Hartford, CT, USA, and will feature Mika Brzezinski and Gayle King. We’ll be following the conference and sharing its best bits- for more information click here.
Do you have a story that you’d like to share with us? Get in touch and it could be featured on Women In Web!
This week’s question is: “With the skills and experiences you have gathered to date in your career, do you know what your unique selling point is (USP)?”
Other stories that have caught our eye this week include…
- Wendy Clark: Fueling 5 Million Women Entrepreneurs. Watch here: www.aol.it/14Xh7BR
- Telle Whitney: Changing the “Women in Tech” Conversation
- Royal Navy gets first female submariners http://bbc.in/Sr2R64
- Angela Ahrendts: inspiring leader or just a corporate mannequin? http://gu.com/p/3pxnx/tw
- Fortune Magazine’s cover story looks into Marissa Mayer’s job as CEO of Yahoo. Senior writer Jessi Hempel says that Marissa’s the real deal, but she’s strapped (for now) to a terrible business model.
Looking for work style inspiration? Make sure you check out and follow our Pinterest boards! http://www.pinterest.com/womeninweb/professional-style/